Secured File Sharing Solution for a Science, Technology and Research Agency
The client, one of the largest agencies for Science, Technology and Research in Singapore, had challenges sharing files and documents with both internal collaborators and external researchers in a safe and effective manner.
They wanted project leaders to have their own project space with the ability to share both internal documents with collaborators from all over the world.
Most importantly, files can only be shared within the project group in encrypted form, with timestamps and editors log for audit trails. While having stringent control, they also want ease of use and not be bogged down by bureaucratic security checks.
Since many of the files and documents can be large (e.g. video clips), they do not want to compromise on the speed of sharing or be capped by mailbox sizes.
The current email system cannot manage such demands nor can it interoperate with existing Virtualization platform, Storage and Identity management system.
iWV, a Nextcloud solution partner studied the complex requirements and implemented this file sharing solution:
- A fully managed on-premise Nextcloud Enterprise solution – a Universal File Access and sync platform with powerful collaboration capabilities and desktop, mobile and web interfaces, highly customizable with bullet proof security
- This collaboration solution users may grow and thus the need to ensure it is scalable and highly available around the clock
- A POC was setup; and test cases included functionalities, speed, security, encryption, authorization were carried out and documented
- The solution is an open source application with open APIs connectivity; and the solution to be deployed on existing client’s on-premise Virtualization platform and storage system via NFS and APIs interface to connect to their Identity management system
- Reports for audit trails
The Results and Benefits
Two months after the POC, the client was convinced that the Nextcloud solution would meet their requirements and appointed iWV to implement the solution on their existing infrastructure. To meet their audit requirement, a custom web-based application was built to provide reporting requirements in real time.
The advantages of Nextcloud solution over traditional file sharing methods are :
- Private cost-effective file sharing solution with enhanced security, audit logs and privacy in place
- No extra investment on hardware or infra software since we leverage on existing platforms
- Fully managed and supported by iWV with no extra manpower or skillset to invest for the client
- Offered an on-premise solution as client prefers a tightly controlled and secured local environment
- Fully scalable and highly available
Arrange for a consultation
Let us know about your requirements we will get in touch with you.
Our Clients Say
“iWV supported and accommodated our request for support for bandwidth upgrade due to overwhelming online ticket sales. Owing to iWV prompt response, all tickets for the event were sold out within 24 hours.”Benny Heng | General Manager | Zouk Management Pte Ltd
“iWV's long heritage and expertise in the hosting business gave us the confidence and assurance to focus on our core business.”Redmond Mok | IT Systems Infrastructure Manager | Possible
“We had great confidence in iWV meeting the service levels allowing us to focus on scaling our business.”Gary Loh | Director | PurpleClay Consulting
“At the end of the day, we wanted to go with a service provider that was really focused on our requirements.”Azman Jaafar | Deputy Managing Partner | RHTLaw Taylor Wessing
“We are delighted with our decision to move our Cloud computing workloads to iWV. Our migration experience was seamless, the technical support prompt, proactive with a human touch! Their competitive rates generated good savings and the fixed monthly rates provide predictability for the business. Best of all, we get to support our fellow local SMEs.”Melvin Roberts | Country Manager | Addon Systems
“TWM is a long time partner of iWV with the latter being a cloud and managed services provider. This partnership covers go-to-market collaboration where iWV has been very responsive and flexible in responding to opportunities, architecting to implementation and on-going support.
TWM is in the business applications business, and we trust iWV as our partner to deliver the infrastructure and managed services for a total solution that delights our customers. In fact, our customers who have migrated to iWV have seen an 80% reduction in service calls.”Jenny Chua | Country Manager | The World Management
“Partnering with iWV as our strategic infrastructure partner has paid off for Econ Healthcare. Their managed services and cloud hosting capabilities help ensure our Medicare centres operate smoothly with systems availability and end-user satisfaction increasing.”IT Manager | Econ Healthcare